This year the competition is on a Sunday and all contestants will receive a participation certificate, with medals/trophies (to be confirmed) being awarded to 1st, 2nd and both 3rd places.
Categories may include:
- Kihon (basic): 5 punches forward, turn, 5 kicks back
- Kata (forms): Choose any Shotokan kata
- Team Kata: Teams of two can choose any Shotokan kata
- Family Kata: Teams of any size from 1 family
- Kumite (freestyle fighting): Head-guards provided to juniors but all contestants must provide their own gum shield